Subject: Re: gtk+ being installed in /usr/X11R6 under current pkgsrc
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2003 09:20:50
On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:01:36AM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > I installed xpkgwedge, and after that gtk programs failed to compile,
> > because their include files were not found anymore by the buildlinking
> > process. I de-installed it again, then thankfully it worked again.
> >
> > This rather paniced me (until I remembered installing xpkgwedge). So it
> > turned out to be exactly like I seemed to remember.
>
> You must rebuild all your X packages if you want to switch to xpkgwedge.

No, the whole reason that we go through the EVAL_PREFIX route and do
such complicated dancing with setting default prefices is so that this
is *not* the case.

Whilst it doesn't seem to have worked in Olaf's case, I did it on one
of my boxes just recently and "it worked for me".

I'll look into the gtk case.

Regards,
Alistair