Subject: build.sh cleandir phase
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2003 19:46:24
I've just started to learn using build.sh, and I found the following
odd behaviour (which may of course be my fault).

I started build.sh, on NetBSD/i386 1.6K host, sources on readonly NFS mount, with the
following command:

./build.sh -a i386 -D mydestdir -O myobjdir -R myreldir -T mytooldir distribution

Initially the "my*dir" directories did not exist.

After build.sh got the make bootstrapped, it started the cleandir phase, and:

 1. How come it tries to clean the directories in the source tree (which is
    readonly, and doesn't matter anyway, since objdir is somewhere else).
    Is this my error?
 2. If 1 is fixed, should there be some intelligence that cleandir not be
    done if the objdir does not exist?

  -- Arto