Subject: mfs mounting over /dev with a console
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Byron Servies <bservies@pacang.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2003 08:39:19
Hi,

Running GENERIC.MPDEBUG from yesterday (and last week for
that matter), when -current boots an mfs file system mounts
over /dev.  According to src/sbin/init.c, this should only
happen if I do not have a console in _PATH_CONSOLE (which
I assume is /dev/console).  My system disks /dev has a console.

Why is mfs mounting a /dev at all?

Also, when this happens, I get chmod and chgrp not found
errors at boot time for every device in the mfs /dev.

This causes problems on my system because of a raidframe
array with disk members > 3, and mfs's /dev only creates
disks 0-3.

Thanks,

Byron