Subject: Re: 'build.sh release' fails in src/distrib/sets
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2003 23:44:24
In Message <87k7gawrr4.fsf@snark.piermont.com> ,
   "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:

=>
=>Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org> writes:
=>> 8446a8447,8448
=>> > ./usr/share/man/cat9/callout_active.0
=>> > ./usr/share/man/cat9/callout_deactivate.0
=>> 13544a13547,13548
=>> > ./usr/share/man/man9/callout_active.9
=>> > ./usr/share/man/man9/callout_deactivate.9
=>> checkflist: flist inconsistencies found
=>> checkflist: key to output:
=>>   <  file is in flist but missing from DESTDIR
=>>      (file wasn't installed ?)
=>>   >  file is in DESTDIR but missing from flist
=>>      (file is obsolete or flist is out of date ?)
=>[...]
=>> Any suggestions?
=>
=>Yell at whomever committed stuff without updating the set lists, which
=>is why it broke.
=>
=>(I suspect if you cvs update distrib that the set lists have been
=>fixed by now, though.)

   I've noticed this also happens if you neglect to remove the old
DESTDIR before the build. The first thing I try now when I run
across this situation is removing the files from DESTDIR and
rebuilding with "-u -o" to see if that clears it up.

					Gary Duzan