Subject: Re: Help with 2 crashes in 1.6 this week
To: Byron Servies <bservies@pacang.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2003 07:20:31
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 08:39:22PM -0800, Byron Servies wrote:
> I checked out cvs tag netbsd-1-6 and am running from that.

This is the branch name (i.e. the right one to use in your case). It is kind
of a (slowly) moving target, so the date when you did the check out is
important.

> cvs log does not show me a 1.6_STABLE, however.

That's a name not present in CVS, but the identification the kernel (uname)
uses for kernels from the 1.6 branch after 1.6 was released but before we
entered the 1.6.1_RC1 stage. Look at the first few lines of dmesg(8) or
/var/run/dmesg.boot.

Martin