Subject: "Missing" pthread functions
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/2003 00:55:02
Hi,

recently a friend of mine had occasion to try some of his pthread-
using programs on Jan 23 vintage NetBSD code, i.e. relatively shortly
after the SA branch was merged.

One of the things he noted was that the following functions appear to
be "missing" in our pthread library:

    pthread_attr_setstacksize
    pthread_getschedparam
    pthread_setschedparam

I'll admit that I don't know pthreads much myself, and these may be
optional, but I thought I'd ask anyway whether there are any plans on
adding these functions later on.

BTW, my friends' tests weren't entirely successful; I'm trying to get
him to produce a minimal example which demonstrates the problems he
were observing, and we'll see if he comes through on that.

Regards,

- H=E5vard