Subject: Re: Mozilla Mail with SA?
To: Frank Kardel <kardel@Acrys.COM>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2003 18:28:38
On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 01:50:45PM +0100, Frank Kardel wrote:

> The thread seems to crawl a bit when the
> mouse is moved - but that may also be wishful thinking.

Not just wishful thinking.  If I close all other mozilla windows
and leave just the mail one there, before it tries to connect, it
will stop. Mouse movement (events) will make the progressbar/animated
box thing move over. Stop the mouse, stop the animation. Move the
mouse in steps, step the animation. And so on.  It doesn't seem to
actually make any real progress, just animate stuff, so it's probably
just tickling a drawing thread.

Maybe the real thread it's waiting on has unexpectedly died?

While this is going on, ps -s shows mozilla with thre lwps, two in
"select" and the other in sawait - which is what it shows when its
working fine too.

Just in case it helps anyone figure out what's going on.  Don't
really know how to gather more useful info.

--
Dan.