Subject: -current build failure in rescue tools.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <netbsd99@sudog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2003 10:10:34
I could very well be out to lunch. But rsync to -current, then cvs co of src
tree followed by a:

./build.sh -O /usr/current-objs -T /usr/current-tools -D /usr/current-build -U
distribution

... fails with the following:

dependall ===> rescue
rm -f rescue.conf rescue.conf.tmp
TARGETDIR=/usr/current-build/rescue LDD_CMD=ldd_elf NETBSDSRCDIR=/usr/src
CRUNCHBIN=rescue  CURDIR=/usr/src/rescue  DESTDIR=/usr/current-build
DISTRIBDIR=/usr/src/distrib  MACHINE=i386  MACHINE_ARCH=i386
OBJDIR=/usr/src/rescue awk -f /usr/src/distrib/common/parselist.awk -v
mode=crunch /usr/src/rescue/list /usr/src/rescue/list.fdisk
/usr/src/rescue/list.ldconfig > rescue.conf.tmp  && mv rescue.conf.tmp
rescue.conf
RESCUEDIR=/rescue MAKE=/usr/current-tools/bin/nbmake
/usr/current-tools/bin/nbcrunchgen -f -D /usr/src -L
/usr/current-build/usr/lib  -q  rescue.conf
rescue.conf: rcorder: error: no objpaths specified or calculated.
rescue.conf: chown: error: no objpaths specified or calculated.
rescue.conf: rcorder: ignoring program because of errors.
rescue.conf: chown: ignoring program because of errors.
Run "make -f rescue.mk objs exe" to build crunched binary.
*** Error code 1

Any hints would be most gratefully appreciated on building -current. I don't
know anything about the rescue crunchgen process. Maybe a pointer? I'm in the
midst of reading the awk script but I'm not sure it'll shed any light on my
stress-addled brain. (Stressed because of other reasons. This is my
relaxation. :-)

Thanks!