Subject: build.sh and autoconf dependency?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Grayson (home) <bgrayson@austin.rr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/2003 21:13:25
  It's been a while since I've tried to track -current, so I
downloaded a fresh tree last night via anoncvs, and launched
./build.sh -U build, and it got stuck on:

dependall ===> texinfo
cd /home.new/anoncvs/src/tools/texinfo/../../gnu/dist/texinfo && /usr/pkg/bin/bash /home.new/anoncvs/src/gnu/dist/texinfo/missing --run autoheader
./aclocal.m4:162: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required for this script
./aclocal.m4:162: the top level
autoconf: tracing failed

  I notice that there is a tools/autoconf, but a find on src/tools
finds no autoconf binary.  Since the most recent autoconf I have is
2.52 (in /usr/pkg/bin), it complains.

  Is something slipping through the cracks here in the build.sh tool
building, or is this a case of pilot error?  :)

  Thanks.

  Brian