Subject: Mozilla on -current (pthread related)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@usenet-2002-07.emsi.priv.at>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2003 00:15:02
  Has something drastic happened to the pthread library in the
last couple of days? I had mozilla sorta running (it hung every
now and then), but when I updated my source tree after I saw a
couple of commits to the pthread library, recompiled libpthread
(literally, I did a build and then manually copied over _only_
the resulting /usr/lib/libptread.*), mozilla now dumps core.

  Since then, I rebuild and reinstalled the whole world, including
glib, gtk and mozilla, but still:

% mozilla
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

  GDB says:
(gdb) bt
#0  0x41813440 in _rtld_bind_start () from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
Cannot access memory at address 0xfffffff0

  Since I originally changed nothing but libpthread, I suppose
the problem is in the same? This all is on macppc BTW.

	mjl