Subject: Re: Getting rid of pth ?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/2003 09:10:41
On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 08:48, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Right.  I did a 'pkg_delete' pth, saw what was using it, and applied
> the algorithm recursively.

  You can automate this somewhat by doing something like:

  cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel/pth
  make clean-update clean extract
  touch \
work/.{extract,patch,buildlink,configure,build,install,package}_done
  make update

  (the "touch" command can be one line without the "\", of course).
This tricks the pth package sources to think that pth has already been
re-installed.  The final "make update" then deinstalls and re-compiles
everything without re-installing pth.

> Of course, I then had to wait while Mozilla and much of Gnome (needed
> by Gabber) recompiled.  That takes a while...

  This won't change, of course.  But this way you don't have to manually
compile and install each package.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene