Subject: Re: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecoverd I/O error
To: Dan <kasper37@netzero.com>
From: Stephen Degler <stephen@degler.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2003 19:00:45
Hi,

Perry is correct.  Softdeps defers i/o, and if deferred i/o fails it has =
to=20
decide what to do about it.  The system call that initiated the i/o opera=
tion=20
has long passed so there is no appropriate mechanism to signal to userlan=
d=20
that something bad has happened.  Also, the filesystem metadata is in a s=
tate=20
of flux, so the code panics.

Just a thought, are those errors at the end of the disk?  Maybe the disk =
label=20
is just a little off.

skd