Subject: Re: Getting rid of pth ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-current-users@quatriemek.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2003 14:07:19
Le 25 Jan 2003 14:01:24 +0100
Eric Jacoboni a écrit :
> Since the nathan merge, we do have native threads, great! Now, what i
> wanted to know is if there is some reason to keep pth installed?
>
> On my box, lot of packages depend on it, if i remove pth then
> rebuild them, all should be ok? or should i keep pth?

From my experience yesterday, you HAVE to remove pth in order to compile
things correctly with the native pthreads.

But no, all will not be ok right now, there are still issues (here,
difficulties to launch galeon, and both galeon and mozilla fail an
assertion in pthread__idle when exiting).

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.