Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: Dan Melomedman <dan%dan.dan@devonit.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2003 00:24:48
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Dan Melomedman wrote:

[DM: I didn't write 'fork()', did I? checkpassword doesn't fork any children,
[DM: it modifies its environment, and exec()s the next program.
[DM:
[DM: About modifying other processes. Mrs. Brisby's kchuid Linux hack can
[DM: change uid/gid of another process, such that you can avoid suid.

It's precisely that:  A hack.  I'd entertained notions of a pchown()
call.  It's not that it would be that hard to implement, but I don't want
anything like that on a production system, at least for the time being.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: the devil made me do it.