Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/2003 13:05:42
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Peter Seebach wrote:

> In message <Pine.NEB.4.33.0301231704120.16372-100000@vespasia.home-net.icnt.net
> >Please elaborate on the extra data bit. If you could look into it, it
> >would help.
>
> I seem to recall BSD Auth has a method for an authenticator to pass back
> arbitrary name/value pairs; does PAM have a good way to encode this?

But what do you do with them? The places we want to hook them in don't
currently have a way to return them (as I understand it), so they seem
like they just are a way to communicate across the BSD Auth connection.

Thus they are something the BSD_Auth-for-PAM code would work with.

If instead they are things the calling programs could receive, then we
have a new API..

Take care,

Bill