Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2003 22:41:14
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:29:29PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <20030123212854.GB833@antioche.eu.org>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
> >There's something I don't understand. Why can't we just add pam and bsdauth
> >to the current nsswitch implementation ?
> >I.e.allows
> >passwd: pam
> >group: pam
> >or
> >passwd: bsdauth
> >group: bsdauth
> >in /etc/nsswitch.conf
>
> I think this would imply that programs have both sets of services configured,
> yes?.

Yes, the same way all program currently include the file, nis and hesiod
methods, even if they're not used.
Hum, now that I'm thinking at it, maybe the nsswitch interface isn't compatible
with PAM.

> I think it might be nice to be able to build a bsdauth-only binary.

yes, especially for embeded devices.
This shouldn't too hard.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>