Subject: Re: WooHoo: README: Merge plan for nathanw_sa branch
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2003 12:26:49
I wrote:

> I'm building this in order to build AOLserver, so I just removed the
> use of pthread_attr_setscope() from TCL (shouldn't be a big deal), and
> continued.  Then, however, the AOLserver build failed, and that one is
> a bit worse:
>
> gcc -pipe -L../nsthread -L../nsd  -o nsthreadtest nsthreadtest.o libnsthread.so -L/usr/local/aolserver/lib -ltcl84   -lpthread -lm  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/aolserver/lib
> libnsthread.so: undefined reference to `sigwait'

So then I grepped a bit, and found that AOLserver never actually uses
the function that calls sigwait(), so I just removed the definition of
it.  Lo and behold!, AOLserver works too!

Of course, I have to give up the use of one CPU for now, but...  :-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901