Subject: Re: xmms and gtk2 build problems
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2003 18:39:53
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

> I nuked basically everything in the xmms depend chain and then the
> problem went away for me. I had to rebuild mozilla and a few other
> things, but so far my results have been good.

That's what I did -- and still, as mentioned in another thread (pun
not intended) trying to run xmms causes a total lockup of the machine.
Is anybody successfully running the new pthreads code on a multi-CPU
machine?  It just occurred to me that it might be interesting to
disable one of my CPUs...

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901