Subject: Re: xmms and gtk2 build problems
To: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2003 17:50:55
On Tue Jan 21 2003 at 16:46:39 +0100, Martijn van Buul wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Since the merge of native threading, I'm having problems compiling xmms and
> gtk2. Both packages stop compiling with the same error, so I think there
> is a common cause:
>
> For instance, compiling xmms bombs out with
>
> grep: /usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/lib/libpthread.la: No such file or directory
> sed: /usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/lib/libpthread.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/lib/libpthread.la' is not a valid libtool archive
> gmake[2]: *** [libxmms.la] Error 1
>
> Other packages that use threading, including mozilla, work just fine. I've
> updated all my packages, my kernel/userland is up to date. Yes, I've even
> updated libtool - although that probably doesn't make such a difference.

I was instructed to eraticate the pth package before building against
native pthread and it seemed to help with the problem described above. It
also made mozilla work for me, which I consider a definate bonus ;)

I'm not sure if there's any easy way to keep multiple pthreads around
without confusing pkgsrc.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/