Subject: Re: Whois was annoying me...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/2003 14:31:21
Well, the "pull down a package" because the one that comes
with the OS doesn't work right seems very much the Wrong
Answer.  I'll accept it for somethings (I use sendmail 8.12,
bind 9, etc), but for a basic 1 file utility it's just silly.

Using one from the "core" of another BSD flavor that has an
acceptable license make me feel lots better than grabbing
GNU tools that do the same thing.

Patches will come...

Quoting Jasper Wallace (jasper@pointless.net):