Subject: Re: Whois was annoying me...
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2003 15:20:44
[ On Friday, January 17, 2003 at 22:17:55 (-0800), Jeremy C. Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Whois was annoying me...
>
> You can also try pkgsrc/net/md-whois (and probably others in pkgsrc) too.

No, please don't.  The code in md-whois is table driven but the tables
are hard-coded in the binary and the author flatly refuses to make them
runtime modifiable -- and even refuses to explain his rationale for not
doing so (and I've been bugging him about it for several years now, ever
since he mentioned my old 'awhois' script on his web page).

pkgsrc/net/jwhois is the right choice.  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods