Subject: Re: Nvidia nForce2 / ASUS A7N8X deluxe
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2003 10:37:13
In Message <20030117152553.GB2380@yeah-baby.shagadelic.org> ,
   Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> wrote:

=>On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:41:08AM -0500, Gary Duzan wrote:
=>
=> > pciide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0001
=> >
=> > made it much happier:
=> >
=> > pciide0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: Nvidia Corporation product 0x0065 (rev. 0xa2)
=> > pciide0: bus-master DMA support present, used without full driver support
=> > pciide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
=> > pciide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
=> >
=> > Before this change, doing a CVS update would take up to 50% of the
=> > CPU (as reported by "systat vm") in interrupts, and this with an
=> > Athlon XP 2100+.  Afterwards, it was closer to 1%, and I have
=> > noticed no stability problems.
=>
=>Hm.  I wonder if it's simply compatible with the Intel PCI IDE (it would
=>not surprise me, since the audio is compatible with the Intel AC97).

   I expect it could very well be compatible with one of the existing
IDE controllers, and I considered guessing at them, but put that
on hold after I spotted the "flags" option. I may poke around with
it a bit over the weekend.

					Gary Duzan