Subject: Re: gtk+ being installed in /usr/X11R6 under current pkgsrc
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2003 17:04:22
Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com> writes:

> I know the odds are about 99% that I've done something stupid, but as of
> yesterday, building gtk+ from currently cvs'ed pkgsrc seems to have gtk+
> installed under /usr/X11R6, instead of /usr/pkg.

pkgsrc crams all packages that use X into /usr/X11R6 by default,
regardless of whether the package actually needs to go there or
even installs there by default.  I do not know why.

You can work around this by installing pkgtools/xpkgwedge, whose
express purpose is changing that default so that all packages are
installed to LOCALBASE (/usr/pkg by default) instead.  I do not
know why this is not the default.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett