Subject: Re: atitvout (was Re: Radeon 7500 on current - hard lock ups)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2003 07:42:16
On 14 Jan 2003 22:50:00 -0600, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> MLH wrote:
>
>>Has anyone seen a BSD port of atitvout (or such) for the Radeons?
>>

> Lucky you should ask -- I ported it the other day, actually. Pulled in
> the LRMI stuff from our S3 Savaga driver (thanks Jason!). You can grab
> it from:
>
>   http://www.invisible.ca/~jmcneill/netbsd/atitvout-0.4-nbsd.tar.gz
>
> You need to use 'gmake' to compile it. Some ops fail, but I'm not sure
> it's because of my Radeon AiW 7500 not supporting certain features or
> not. Let me know how you make out with it.

atitvout -r detect  & atitvout -r auto make the tv display flash,
but I see no other outout to the tv.

Mine is a std 7500 with crt/tvout/lcd. Appears it isn't supported.

Thanks. If you figure anything out, pls let me know.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -f vbe' ...
Forcing Rage Mobility/Rage 3D Pro LT mode
VBE Version: 2.0
VBE OEM Identification: ATI RV200
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -f tvout' ...
Forcing Rage Mobility/Rage 3D Pro LT mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 7. Please wait 3 seconds.

(delete remaining -f calls)

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r vbe' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE Version: 2.0
VBE OEM Identification: ATI RV200
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r tvout' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 7. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r standard' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 8. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r pal' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 10. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r ntsc' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 10. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r detect' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
CRT is attached.
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r active' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
CRT is active.
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r auto' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r off' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 11. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r l' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 11. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r c' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r t' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 11. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r lc' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r lt' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
VBE call failed.
Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
Please try all other available commands before complaining!
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 11. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r ct' ...
Forcing Radeon/Rage 128 mode
TEST: ... finished. Return value is 0. Please wait 3 seconds.

TEST: Running 'atitvout -r lct' ...