Subject: Re: Heads up: i386 MP config change
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2003 17:43:24
Hi,

I did a little more debugging and was able to extract the following
information.

The reboots happen in acpi_attach (dev/acpi/acpi.c).  Here are commented boot
messages:

acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <HP-MCD,EA RSDT ,01820000>, AslId < LTP,00000000>

#### The next two lines are from the call to AcpiInstallAddressSpaceHandler.
Despite the errors, it appears that AcpiInstallAddressSpaceHandler returns
AE_OK because the acpi_attach code continues.

    ACPI-1286: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.FDS_.FCB1.CSID]
(Node 0xc090e320), AE_NOT_EXIST
    ACPI-1286: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.FDS_._REG] (Node
0xc090e6a0), AE_NOT_EXIST

acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
#### The next line is from acpi_enable_fixed_events
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present

#### The call to acpi_pci_fixup causes a reboot.

#### If I comment out the call to acpi_pci_fixup, the boot continues until the
call to acpi_build_tree.  This call causes a reboot as well.  Commenting it
out allows the computer to complete the boot process.

Sverre

PS  The only acpi related config file parameters that are enabled is the
device:

	acpi0  at mainbus0

and the options

	options         ACPI_MADT_DEBUG # ACPI debug flag
	options         ACPI_PROBE_DEBUG        # ACPI debug flag
	options         MPVERBOSE       # ACPI debug flag
	options         ACPIVERBOSE     # verbose ACPI device autoconfig messages