Subject: Re: Adaptec 7899 fails to probe
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2003 09:18:07
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > Vendor 0x1028 product 0x000c (Unknown subclass 0x00)
> > Vendor 0x1028 product 0x0008 (Unknown subclass 0x00)
> > Vendor 0x1028 product 0x000d (IPMI serial bus)
> >
> These are dell devices, not likely to be the adaptec.
> Your adaptec(s) has probably been probed as ahc*

Yep, further investigations told me so...

ahc1 at pci6 dev 6 function 0: unable to map registers
ahc2 at pci6 dev 6 function 1: unable to map registers

Someone suggested enabling PCIBIOS in the kernel, but that didn't matter.
I can include full dmesg output if someone wants that.

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se