Subject: Re: lcp timouts with PPPoE and earthlink DSL
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2003 07:57:01
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
Cc: current-users@netbsd.org, Chris Ewert <chris@infolaunch.com>

Dear Martin,
   Thanks for the suggestion - The problem was that I had dhclient running
on the eithernet interface (which is how earthlink has you set up the
dsl modem).  I believe running dhclient on the eithernet interface was
causing problems.  Both the kernel I built without the PP_KEEPALIVE flag
and with the flag did not have the problem I indicated if I did not
have dhclient on the ethernet interface.

   Thanks again - I'm a happy camper at this point!

johnh...