Subject: Re: umass quirk for Tai-Hao USB Flash Disk Storage Device ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <vodka@intoxicate.us>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2003 15:30:52
>	umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> 	scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
> 	scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
> 	ugen0 at uhub1 port 2
> 	ugen0: Taiwan Tai-Hao USB Flash Disk Security Device, rev 1.10/0.01, addr
> 4
> 	sd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <, , > disk removable
>
> That's it, no size. What kind of quirk do I need for this to work? :>
> Doing a "disklabel sd0" just hangs, but I cannot ^C it.

I don't even get that much!  I'm running the 1.6G snapshot, and all I get
is up to the "Bulk-Only" message and that's it.  I dont get sd0 at
scsibus0 etc etc.

I'm using a 256MB CompUSA brand usb flash disk (basically the same thing
as the thumbdrives).  It has worked with linux, macos X and winxp.

When I eject the drive, the machine freezes a few minutes later.  I also
get this on my dmesg:

uhci2 at pci0 dev 17 function 2: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller
(rev. 0x23)
uhci2: interrupting at irq 9
usb2 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2
uhub2: VIA Technologie UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhci3 at pci0 dev 17 function 3: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller
(rev. 0x23)
uhci3: interrupting at irq 9
usb3 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3
uhub3: VIA Technologie UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

uhub0: port error, restarting port 1
uhub0: port error, giving up port 1
uhub0: port error, restarting port 2
uhub0: port error, giving up port 2