Subject: chrooted bind-8.3.4 problem ("can't make tmpfile...")
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2003 16:39:38
Jan  5 14:29:19 azenomei named-xfer[10641]: can't make tmpfile (knuffel.net.cache.10641a): Permission denied

I got the above log message from pkgsrc bind-8.3.4, which is running
chrooted. It does not mention the full path name but I presume it is
something like /tmp/... since /var/tmp exists in the chrooted area.

Earlier I had to change this in my /etc/rc.conf:

named_flags="-c /etc/namedb/named.conf"

since otherwise it would try to use /usr/pkg/etc/namedb/named.conf.

I also needed to make a symlink from /var/chroot/named/usr/pkg to . - I
think this was to get /usr/pkg/libexec/named-xfer to be found.
I suppose I'll add a symlink from /tmp to var/tmp and see if that helps.

All this seems rather surprising for a pkg that is supposed to replace a
system-supplied program due to a serious security issue (NetBSD Security
Advisory 2002-029).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      -- The evil eye is caused by the black
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- tongue - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4456.