Subject: Re: bktr audio device
To: Ron Roskens <roskens@colltech.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2003 09:11:08
On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 01:26:39AM -0600, Ron Roskens wrote:

 > aubktr0 at pci0 dev 20 function 1: Brooktree product 0x0878 (rev 0x02)
 > aubktr0: interrupting at irq 5
 > audio1 at aubktr0: half duplex, mmap
 >
 > I've gotten to the point where I can attach the driver, attach it to
 > the audio subsystem, and control it via mixerctl. Unfortunately, all I can
 > record with it is either static or silence, which is disappointing. The
 > best that I can tell is that I need the bktr driver to help get the audio
 > pumping into this device. (Under Linux, if the bttv modules are not
 > loaded, btaudio doesn't receive sound.) I'm guessing that the bktr driver
 > is missing some additional setups for the other chips on the board.
 >
 > I've placed the two files needed for this (aubktr.c and aubktrvar.h) under
 > http://www.elfin.net/netbsd/ with install instructions.
 >
 > I have web links for documentation on some of the chips there too.

I am going to guess that the audio function of the BT-878 is for recording
of e.g. FM radio broadcasts?  If so, then you'll need to have the bktr driver
in your kernel with a "radio" sub-device configured, and use a radio control
program to tune the receiver...

Having said that ... this is cool -- I have a BT-878, and I would love to
be able to archive _Fresh Air_ broadcasts more easily :-)