Subject: bktr audio device
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@colltech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2003 01:26:39
I've been attempting to write a device driver for brooktree 878/9 function
1 device:

Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x11) at pci0 dev 20 function 1 not configured

now shows up as:

aubktr0 at pci0 dev 20 function 1: Brooktree product 0x0878 (rev 0x02)
aubktr0: interrupting at irq 5
audio1 at aubktr0: half duplex, mmap

I've gotten to the point where I can attach the driver, attach it to
the audio subsystem, and control it via mixerctl. Unfortunately, all I can
record with it is either static or silence, which is disappointing. The
best that I can tell is that I need the bktr driver to help get the audio
pumping into this device. (Under Linux, if the bttv modules are not
loaded, btaudio doesn't receive sound.) I'm guessing that the bktr driver
is missing some additional setups for the other chips on the board.

I've placed the two files needed for this (aubktr.c and aubktrvar.h) under
http://www.elfin.net/netbsd/ with install instructions.

I have web links for documentation on some of the chips there too.

Ron Roskens