Subject: Re: webcam/digital camera question
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/2002 09:36:51
On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 05:07:19PM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
> Any recommendations for cameras with decent res known to work in NetBSD?

"real" digital cameras work fine, probably even most of those with
usb.  I don't use a cable to offload pics from mine, rather I insert
the CF media into a PC. If nothing else, it means I'm not draining
camera batteries to offload.

Webcams are a different proposition. I have a couple of random usb
ones that don't work with NetBSD, and a straight composite video
one that works plugged into a bktr(4) card.

--
Dan.