Subject: Re: Removing /sys [was Re: proposed change to src/etc/Makefile]
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter A Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/2002 15:50:15
> But I can't see a much better way to waste effort.
> 33MHz?  2400MHz?  Hmmm, what's more useful?
>
> Better to spend the effort on SPARC SMP and Ultra III.

No doubt, but we quibbling about / and /usr, applying theory, religion,
politics, shaking up vigorously with /altroot, /stand and sys->usr/sys.

All in all, if the symlink for sys->usr/sys came in the src.tgz I probably
would never have known <grin>.  I also would have gotten along with the
missing /altroot and /stand and just done the mkdir <blah> and been done
with it like I make a /usr/dest for my builds.

But I never saw the suggest to just move it, only REmove it.  (I've also
gotten burnt twice with the pax being dynamic, but I figured it was my own
problem for trying to skip steps.)

Thanks all,

peter