Subject: Re: Removing /sys [was Re: proposed change to src/etc/Makefile]
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/2002 12:20:01
Okay, where do I need to ship my sbus qfe and Magma 2S+P cards?  I'm
guessing the existing code might be enough documentation -- just figure out
the nit of what got changed in the system around them.

I also have a PC [card] that came out of a BEFW11S4 (or something like that)
if someone wants to hack the driver to take advantage of the features in
that firmware (different from the WPC11, but really close).

I'll happily chip in HP Nova (HP9000/G60) hardware to anyone willing to
crack at it though it's been discussed here many times before that there is
no documentation for it.

I can also ship NeXT 68030, 68040 25MHz & 33MHz, components to help someone
pull up the scsi driver and network support into a mainline release.

As I haven't moved into it yet, I'll loan an HP9000/D370 (uni-processor) to
whoever would like to work that port.  Unfortunately it's EISA/GSC though
I'm guessing that most of that code is available in the debian linux tree.

The part I like how folks before getting this far have compose windows open
advising me that the aforementioned sbus cards "are supported"  Then I get
to run through my trove of email where I've documented to port-sparc and/or
netbsd-current that the sbus critters in fact don't work (sept 2000, summer
2002) or aren't in the least big usable.  In one case I even asked that the
Magma support claim be pulled from the web pages.

peter