Subject: Re: Removing /sys [was Re: proposed change to src/etc/Makefile]
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/2002 16:53:21
Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> I don't really see it that way.  /altroot has historically been where
> one keeps a backup (or alternate) system image around.  I use this
> a lot on development machines (e.g. one image being the trunk and
> the other being the nathanw_sa branch).

Why should it be on every installed machine? Why /altroot
and (say) /root2 or /aroot?

> /stand is where standalone programs go ... just because we don't
> have any installed there at the moment does not mean we should
> delete the directory.

Well, since it's empty now, been empty for long time and not likely
to get nonempty any time soon, it's perfect adept for
garbage-collection.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/