Subject: Re: How to build X source?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/2002 14:19:46
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

# The very next release of XFree86 is supposed to be cross-buildable, so
# at some point, we'll want to support all that in "xsrc". I gather you
# just have to add "-U -M ${DESTDIR}/METALOG" to the install flags to
# generate the metalog, but the "pax" man page, as of NetBSD 1.6K,
# doesn't yield any clue as to how to use that feature.

OOOOooooo!  This is VERY good news!  i can then rebuild X stuff for
alternate platforms (such as SPARC) on an i386?  Wraukon the Excellent
salutes you, or whomever made THAT happen!

The metalog thing is something that should have happened aeons ago, IMO.
I'm not sure why it never caught on.

# Frederick

				--*greywolf;
--