Subject: pkgtools boo boo
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/2002 12:21:29
Greetings,

I have my system set up not to build the dynamic root stuff by default,
so everything going into /bin and /sbin should be statically linked,
while everything else is dynamically linked.

The build for pax under /usr/src/pkg fails to take this into account
and cheerfully rebuilds pax not only dynamically, but with dependencies on
things under /libexec and /lib, it would appear:

netbsd 501# file work/pax/pax
work/pax/pax: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
for NetBSD, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
netbsd 502# ldd work/pax/pax
work/pax/pax:
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
netbsd 503# work/pax/pax
bash: work/pax/pax: cannot execute binary file
netbsd 504# sh -c work/pax/pax
work/pax/pax: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
netbsd 505# mv /libexec /libexec.; mv /lib /lib.
netbsd 506# ln -s /usr/libexec /usr/lib /
netbsd 507# work/pax/pax
<ctl-D>
pax: End of archive volume 1 reached

ATTENTION! pax archive volume change required.
Ready for archive volume: 1
Input archive name or "." to quit pax.
Archive name > <ctl-D>Quitting pax!
pax: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.

Could we fix this, please?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: May the Source be with you.