Subject: Re: Separate /usr, etc...
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/2002 11:41:57
which doesn't cover someone adding in  /usr/lib/libc.so.blah.N
(where N > current).

And it doesn't cover where fsck isn't needed, ever, on that
large filesystem.

I'm still trying to figure out the benefits?  Working around
poor planning?  If your /usr is going to double in size, then
something else is going on.

Working around a very dynamic machine that might be getting
new builds every week?  That's a different role and quite
valid.

Quoting Greg A. Woods (woods@weird.com):