Subject: Re: i386 MP panic: amap_pp_adjref: negative reference count
To: Sami Kantoluoto <sami.kantoluoto@sjk-software.fi>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/2002 15:01:41
>> > My kernel is compiled with MPDEBUG and LOCKDEBUG.
>> > If you can reproduce the problem can you try with MPDEBUG and LOCKDEBUG ?
>>
>> Actually I had MPDEBUG and LOCKDEBUG enabled already when previous panic
>> happened. But now I'm waiting for a next panic. So let's wait and see.
>
>This propably has nothing to do with MPDEBUG and/or LOCKDEBUG but I saw
>(never seen before) the following message in my console:
>
>Data modified on freelist: word 0 of object 0xc1599540 size 64 previous type
>hosttbl (0xfffffffe != 0xdeadbeef)

i got one of those late last night...

Data modified on freelist: word 0 of object 0xc0952320 size 16 previous type UVM amap (0x2 != 0xdeadbeef)

but this is on my laptop, which doesn't have MPDEBUG or LOCKDEBUG
defined.  oh, and my source tree is ~one month old.  i'm starting to
be confused.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."