Subject: Re: i386 MP panic: amap_pp_adjref: negative reference count
To: Sami Kantoluoto <sami.kantoluoto@sjk-software.fi>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/2002 10:53:35
>> can you make a crash dump, or does the machine have trouble doing that?
>
>Umh, can I force it somehow?

at the ddb prompt, type "sync" and that should do it.  barring any
other problems, of course...

>> i fear, however, that the process has already had its vmspace
>> eliminated, and it will be empty.  let's see, though.
>
>So it is..
>
>db{0}> ps/a
> PID          COMMAND      STRUCT PROC *            UAREA *     VMSPACE/VM_MAP
>>22798           idlc         0xe4ad0400         0xe51d9000         0xe4b41260
>db{0}> show map/f e4b41260
>MAP 0xe4b41260: [0x0->0xbfbfc000]
>        #ent=0, sz=0, ref=1, version=10, flags=0x1
>        pmap=0xe399bb40(resident=1)

drat.  okay, from the trace you previously gave, the amap in question
is at 0xe4b49dd0.

type "x/x 0xe4b49dd0,0t10" and that should print something like:

0xe4b49dd0:         0         1         0        qq        rr        ss
0xe4b49de8:  mmmmmmmm  nnnnnnnn  oooooooo  pppppppp

can you let me know what the seven values are, and also include the
output of "x/x 0xpppppppp,0xqq", where pppppppp and qq are taken from
the first chunk of output?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."