Subject: Re: i386 MP panic: amap_pp_adjref: negative reference count
To: Sami Kantoluoto <sami.kantoluoto@sjk-software.fi>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/2002 16:36:29
>I'm getting that panic (amap_pp_adjref: negative reference count) when
>building openoffice. It seems to be repeatable. I don't have ddb/trace
>output yet (I'll post it when I get the panic next time [don't know how
>long it actually takes]).. What other information could be useful to
>catch the reason? Kernel is almost equal to GENERIC.MP (I'm going to compile
>a new kernel with MPDEBUG option [DEBUG & DIAGNOSTIC are enabled already]).

i noticed this three days ago in a completely different context.
nevertheless, i have made a patch that addresses the problem.  it
works for me.  if you care to try it, it's located at

	http://www.daemon.org/amap_pp_adjref.patch

lemme know if it helps.  once i get someone else to look it over, i'll
probably be committing it, but getting more positive feedback is
always good.

thanks.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|