Subject: Re: Any point to cvs using rsh? (was Re: Anoncvs pointer)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20021213T083906@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2002 08:45:32
woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods) writes:
> [ On Friday, December 13, 2002 at 15:10:10 (+0000), Matthias Scheler wrote: ]
> > Because you want to make sure that you get your new sources from the
> > real NetBSD anonymous CVS server and not some other server. SSH's
> > host key management system will take care of that.
>
> and so then you'll be getting rid of the FTP server too, right?  :-)

Or perhaps just limiting it to IPSEC AH with public keys?

I haven't seen much public use of IPSEC.  Perhaps using it on source
repositories is just the application that can spur a bit of interest
in it.  (It might also be a good way to test racoon or isakmpd and
shake it down in an environment.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/

spider food: http://www.wsrcc.com/baddream/usenet/
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)