Subject: README: nathanw_sa branch sync'd with current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2002 08:52:26
I have just sync'd the nathanw_sa branch with -current.  This warrants
a little extra attention because there are *TWO* ABI changes on the
branch as a result of this change:

	1. The layout of siginfo_t has changed.  This means that you
	   *MUST* recompile your libpthread and anything else that
	   interprets this structure after you upate your kernel.
	   If you do not, all of your pthread-using applications
	   will fail miserably when signals are delivered.

	2. The kern.lwp sysctl number changed due to added sysctls
	   variables on the trunk.  This means that anything that
	   uses this sysctl (libkvm is probably the only one) will
	   have to be recompiled in order for things like ps(1),
	   etc. to work.

Another thing to be wary of -- some things shuffled around in the
i386 port ... I think I got it right, but I have NOT test-booted on
an i386.  I have only test-booted on a Netwinder, but will not have
the opportunity to test i386 myself until at least Sunday.