Subject: Re: groff/-current build problems
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/2002 19:52:28
When using etcupdate, I find it tedious to answer "install new version" for
all the files that have distribution changes but have no local modifications.
These can normally be installed without further investigation.  I therefore
added code to etcupdate to save a checksum (of the distribution file) for
each file it installs and to use that checksum in order to determine if local
modifications have been made the next time I update.  If not locally
modified, a new flag "-f", will cause it to install files without prompting.
I find that this cuts down the number of etcupdate install prompts to a
handful.

It would be nice if the etcupdate command could be used on upgrades (as well
as updates).

If the checksums were included in the files themselves this procedure could be
simplified further.

Sverre