Subject: Re: openh323
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/2002 22:54:53
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:29:27PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> I can't really spend too much more time on this (and I don't need
> the software which would require openh323), so I'll just commit
> the pkg update once I confirm the samples are working.

Excellent, thanks. I do need the other apps for a proof-of-concept
project I'm working on, so I'll certainly do more testing there.
Most of the other apps use the same build system as openh323 and
pwlib..

> The most likely problem is that openh323 library might presume or
> depend on preemtable threads. Couple strategic Yield() calls might
> help to get things further working with pth.

That matches (most) of the problems I'm seeing (discounting pilot
error).  I'm currently building from the nathanw_sa branch to see
what difference that makes, and for my own curiosity.  I expect
you're right, and if it improves with SA then its worth looking
into further for sure.

--
Dan.