Subject: Re: bge driver supports BCM5702/4401?
To: TAMURA Kent <kent@netbsd.org>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/2002 23:22:37
TAMURA Kent wrote:
> I have an A7V8X/LAN, which is a BCM4401 model, and it crashed
> the kernel to add BCM4401 to the ASIC version list ;-(

That's bad, I hoped this could make the 4401 work. Unfortunately
Broadcom doesn't have datasheets available for public on their
WWW server so it's hard to find out what the difference between
BCM4401 and BCM5702 is.

> I coundn't find open source drivers supporting BCM4401.

Me neither. I couldn't get much information about this chip
but it seems to be used by some mainboard manufacturer (not only
ASUS) for their onboard LAN.

> I recommend a BCM5702 version of A7V8X.

Too late :( I already have the 4401 version. I think I'll have
to add a PCI network card for NetBSD.

Werner