Subject: Re: /usr/include/err.h
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/2002 12:43:53
# [ On , November 28, 2002 at 13:39:59 (+0100), Johan Danielsson wrote: ]
# >
# > Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu> writes:
# >
# > > I'm probably being terribly optimistic (sorry, but I haven't long
# > > woken up), but would 'make includes' help?
# >
# > No, because for historic reasons most of libc's header files does not
# > live in src/lib/libc, but in src/include. On the other hand, not all
# > files in src/include belong to libc, so doing make includes there is
# > not right either.
#

Perhaps I'm a bit clue-free, and perhaps I'm a bit afield of the upshot
of this whole thing; shouldn't it be possible to build things without
requiring an opaque front-end to do so?

Or did I miss the point completely?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD:  Write Once, Run Everywhere.  Java Optional.