Subject: ATI Xpert2000 (was Re: XFree86.core & xdm problem)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/2002 06:03:29
On 26 Nov 2002 07:25:23 GMT, MLH wrote:

> Since the releng snapshot of last Tuesday and I think every one
> since, I have been having trouble with xdm's child process:
> This may be related to the ATI card, but I'm not sure. I noticed
> that about the same time that this started up, the ATI 50-line font
> problem in the wscons screens was fixed but I may be off by a few
> snapshots.

I swapped components around between two systems, one which experienced
this problem and one which didn't. The problem followed whichever
system had the ATI Xpert2000 card in it. As I mentioned, there has
evidently been some change to the ati wscons driver for this card,
as it no longer experiences the old font problem when attempting
to use the vt220l.808 font and 80.50 screens. It appears that it
adversely affected the ati card's operation.

Any recommendations before I file a pr on this?

Thanks