Subject: Re: installing suse_base on current i386 sets time to 1970
To: Murray Armfield <murray.armfield@arconsulting.com.au>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/2002 10:27:41
> Yeah I have. In first email the line...
> 	${EMULDIR}/sbin/ldconfig -r ${EMULDIR}
> is straight from the pkg's Makefile and I have verfied it as being the
> problem. It I take that line out of the makefile and run it the problem
> occurs every time.

ok - I saw you mention that that was where is locked up, wasn't clear
that the time got stomped in the same place.

> 	Experimenting with ldconfig causes the problem every time and under
> X11 the machine has hung a couple of times too when I reset the clock back to
> correct time (Another issue?).

It is probably running all its timers for every tick in the time warp.

> > You could try running the install under ktrace -i
> > then parse the Mb of trace file :-)
>
> I'll try just the ldconfig -r instead to reduce Mb. Would you (or
> anyone else) like to see the output?

'kdump -T' (absolute timestamps) should make it relatively easy to find
the correct place in the trace.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk