Subject: Re: vfork in C++?
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/2002 20:01:10
On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 10:09:48PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

 > On a 1.6 system I'm seeing the attached error (it makes a mess of the
 > gdb testsuite) yet the program in question doesn't refer to vfork() (all
 > it does is printf() something).

 > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so: warning: reference to compatibility vfork(); include <unistd.h> for correct reference

Well, it tells you precisely what needs to happen -- <unistd.h> needs to
be included by the source file using vfork().

This warning does not happen on a -current system, but the toolchain has
not changed... and I don't see a reference to vfork in the libstdc++ sources,
however it is there in the object... hm.

So, I guess I'd say "fixed in current", but it'll take me a while to find
the actual problem source.